Mall of America® Security
Mall of America holds itself to the highest standards. We are a unique property—and we protect it that way. Our industry-leading practices include security training, K-9 units, specialty teams, crisis planning, and lockdown drills. MOA® has strong relationships with federal, state and local law enforcement including an on-site dedicated police unit. We continually take these actions to ensure a safe environment for everyone.
Mall Security can be reached at 952.883.8888. Help phones throughout the Mall also have direct contact with Security. Do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns, questions or issues you may have while visiting.
Parental Escort Policy
We welcome all youth to Mall of America — however, on Friday and Saturday evenings youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 21 years or older from 4 p.m. until close.
Please note that during the holiday season, we extend our Parental Escort Policy to include Thanksgiving, Black Friday and December 26 - 31. The PEP policy will be enforced during mall hours on those dates.
At Mall of America, safety is a top priority. Mall of America Security is a nationally recognized department staffed with over 150 highly-trained personnel that prides itself on its high caliber officers, training and forward-thinking attitude. MOA Security is leading the way in innovation, introducing programs such as the Parental Escort Policy, the special operations plain clothes unit and K-9 program. Each year, Mall of America Security Officers respond to thousands of calls for services ranging from emergency situations to lost children to celebrity appearances. MOA Security also works closely with various local and federal law enforcement agencies to enhance the safety and security of our guests, tenants and employees.
Our state-of-the-art Dispatch Center employs the latest technology and monitors numerous cameras located throughout the parking ramps, surface lots, common areas and Nickelodeon Universe® around the clock. The Mall's call boxes and help phones also have direct lines to the Dispatch Center (952.883.8888).
We would like to remind you to watch your valuables. For the security of our guests, please do not leave purses and other items unattended. Also, please note that while at Mall of America, you may be subject to a security interview.
Violators of any of the Mall rules will be asked to leave the property or possibly be arrested.
In order to assist in our efforts to provide a safe, secure and pleasant shopping environment, we ask for your cooperation with the following:
Conduct that is disorderly, disruptive or which interferes with or endangers business or guests is prohibited. Such conduct may include, but is not limited to:
- Running, loud offensive language, spitting, throwing objects, fighting, obscene gestures, gang signs, skating, skateboarding or bicycling
- Intimidating behavior by groups or individuals
- Loitering, engaging in soliciting, blocking storefronts, hallways, skyways, fire exits or escalators, or walking in groups in such a way as to inconvenience others
- Picketing, demonstrating, soliciting, protesting or petitioning
Distributing handbills requires the prior written consent of Mall of America management.
Violations of the Law
Any act defined by Federal, State or local ordinances as a criminal act is prohibited. These include, but are not limited to:
- Graffiti, property damage, defacing, damaging or destroying any real or personal property
- Using or possessing consumer fireworks
Guns are banned on these premises.
Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn. Inappropriate attire may include, but is not limited to:
- Apparel which has obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial/religious/ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance
- Clothing that deliberately obscure the face, such as hooded tops or masks
- Bulletproof vests or simulated bulletproof vests
Please note that Mall of America conducts monthly lockdown drills.
Only animals trained to assist persons with disabilities are permitted within Mall of America.
Escalators are not to be used as stairways when not operational. No strollers or wheelchairs are allowed on escalators.
General Parking and Deliveries
Hotel shuttles, taxis, and tour buses drop off and pick up passengers at the North Entrance with convenient access from American Boulevard. This entrance is located in the Mall parking lot east of IKEA and north of Lindau Lane (Lindau Lot). Signage is placed in these areas to guide guests to their vehicles.
- Daily shuttles to and from Mystic Lake Casino Hotel remain located in the Transit Center in the sub-level of the east parking ramp off of 24th Avenue. Please note that RVs are not allowed to park or drop off at this area.
- RV, semi-trailer truck, school bus and charter bus parking is only allowed in the Lindau Lot, located next to IKEA.
- Any vehicle left unattended in the drop-off/pick-up area is subject to being towed at the owner's expense.
- There is no overnight parking at Mall of America which includes Lindau Lot.
- There is no dropping off, picking up or parking allowed on the ring road surrounding Mall of America. Please park vehicles in designated parking lots and ramps. Any vehicle left unattended on the ring road will be subject to tow at the owner's expense.
- Deliveries must utilize the inspection check point located on the east side of Mall of America, off 24th Avenue.
- All delivery vehicles are subject to inspection.
- Documentation supporting the delivery must be provided at the check point.
- Vehicles with trailers, semi-trailer trucks, box trucks and any other oversized vehicle must park in Lindau Lot.
Truck Stops and Campgrounds nearby
Stockmen's Truck Stop is located 13 miles from MOA in South St. Paul off I-494. Call 651.455.0034for more information.
The following nearby campgrounds accept overnight RV parking:
- LeBanon Hills Regional Park is located 9 miles from MOA next to the Minnesota Zoo in Eagan off Highway 77. Call 651.688.1376 for more information.
- Mystic Lake Casino Campgrounds is located 20 miles from MOA in Prior Lake, west of I-35W. Call 952.445.9000 for more information.
Mall of America is a nationally recognized Security Department that fosters personal and professional growth in the criminal justice field. If you wish to play a vital role in the private security field, apply to join our industry-leading team here.
Mall of America is committed to protecting your privacy. We continuously watch for email scams and other types of illegal activity and report such activity immediately to our guests and customers. Mall of America will never ask for your personal information. Please notify us if you receive any suspicious email from someone representing themselves as Mall of America.